By Alex Davies
If you’re writing one of many purposes that decision for asynchronous programming, this concise hands-on consultant exhibits you the way the async characteristic in C# 5.0 could make the method a lot easier. besides a transparent creation to asynchronous programming, you get an in-depth examine how the async characteristic works and why you should use it on your application.
Written for knowledgeable C# programmers—yet approachable for beginners—this booklet is filled with code examples that you should expand on your personal projects.
- Write your individual asynchronous code, and learn the way async saves you from this messy chore
- Discover new functionality probabilities in ASP.NET internet server code
- Explore how async and WinRT interact in home windows eight functions
- Learn the significance of the anticipate key-phrase in async equipment
- Understand which .NET thread is operating your code—and at what issues within the application
- Use the Task-based Asynchronous development (TAP) to write down asynchronous APIs in .NET
- Take good thing about parallel computing in smooth machines
- Measure async code functionality by means of evaluating it with choices
Read or Download Async in C# 5.0 PDF
Similar c# books
ASP. web 2. zero is an grand expertise which will increase sites and functions with little or no trouble, and its strength and intensity allow it to host even the main advanced purposes to be had. utilizing code examples in C#, this precious beginner's consultant exhibits you the way to application net functions in ASP.
Книга seasoned LINQ: Language built-in question in C# 2008 professional LINQ: Language built-in question in C# 2008Книги English литература Автор: Joseph C. Rattz, Jr. Год издания: 2007 Формат: pdf Издат. :APRESS Страниц: six hundred Размер: eight ISBN: 978-1-59059-789-7 Язык: Английский0 (голосов: zero) Оценка:LINQ is the venture identify for a suite of extensions to the .
Starting C# 2005 Databases: From beginner to specialist teaches you every little thing you must find out about relational databases, the SQL database language, and ADO. internet 2. zero. Youll additionally get a legitimate commence in constructing console, home windows varieties, ASP. web, or even XML database functions. This publication additionally teaches you database fundamentals and the way to exploit SQL to speak with databases.
A realistic educational to utilizing Microsoft AJAX to augment the consumer adventure of your ASP. internet net functions protecting the freshest types of the AJAX instruments. This publication has been written for ASP. internet builders getting into the realm of the ASP. internet AJAX Framework, and for current ASP. web AJAX builders trying to find a extra specific educational at the client-side of the framework: the Microsoft AJAX Library.
- Practical WPF Charts and Graphics
- iPhone for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach (Deitel Developer Series)
- Pro Visual Studio Team System with Team Edition for Database Professionals
- Developer's Guide to Microsoft Enterprise Library, C# Edition
- Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Visual C# 2005 in 24 Hours, Complete Starter Kit
- C# for Java Programmers
Additional info for Async in C# 5.0
You can make the Task complete at any point you like, and you can make it fault by giving it an exception at any point you like. Let’s look at an example. Suppose you’d like to encapsulate a prompt displayed to the user with this method: Task
We can just start multiple operations, keeping all the Tasks, then await them all afterwards. com"); string firstPage = await firstTask; string secondPage = await secondTask; This is a dangerous way to await multiple Tasks, if they may throw exceptions. If both operations throw an exception, the first await will propagate its exception, which means secondTask is never awaited. NET version and settings, may be lost or even rethrown on an unexpected thread, terminating the process. We’ll see better ways to do this in Chapter 7.
For example, a method that cached its results in memory could return synchronously when the result is available from the cache, but asynchronously when it needs to make a network request. You may also want to make methods return Task or Task
Async in C# 5.0 by Alex Davies